Is your PlayStation 5 fan not working properly? Is it making some noises or shutting down again and again due to overheating? Don’t worry at all because Vantel is here to help you solve your issue. Allow us to give you guidance regarding your game console repair needs so that you can get back to playing games ASAP.
Whether you are a new PlayStation 5 user or already a professional, with our help, you can work out your problems in no time. In this blog, we’ll give you tips and tricks about how you can replace your PlayStation 5 fan by yourself or visit the best shop for video game console repair to get it repaired.
How will You Replace your PlayStation 5 Fan?
PlayStation 5 gives off a lot of heat, and if its fan is not able to cool the gaming machine efficiently, that is why its fan requires a replacement.
In the start, your fan will work nicely, but with time, slowly, it will lose its touch. Due to the collection of dust and other particles, the fan will not cool the insides of the machine properly. It will result in making weird noises or will shut down completely. In the end, you’ll have to replace the fan of your PlayStation for good.
Before you worry about how to replace a PlayStation 5 fan to extend the life of your gaming machine, follow these steps we’ve listed down to help you:
Prepare Your Tools
When you try to repair or replace something, you need tools to act. In the same way, you need a few tools by your side to help you with your game console repair.
- The first thing you need is a new fan that matches the model of your gaming machine.
- Next, you need a screwdriver to open the PlayStation. Get yourself Phillips and a Torx screwdriver.
- The third tool required is a thermal paste because it is necessary for a good transfer of heat.
- To open your game console without causing ut any scratches, you need an opening tool made up of plastic.
- Last but not least, you need a compressed air tool to blow away any element or dust stuck inside the PlayStation 5.
Open Your Game Console
After collecting the tools, find a bright place with proper ventilation. On a clean piece of cloth, start separating the part of your game involved in the process of fan replacement. This is crucial if you want to learn how to replace a PlayStation 5 fan.
- Remove the electric supply and turn your game off.
- Uncover the shiny side panels gently to start working on the screws.
- Use the screwdriver we ask you to collect to unscrew the game. Keep the screws safe for future purposes.
- Slowly lift the cover of the game console to open it.
Replace the Fan
Look inside the PlayStation 5 and find the fan. First, you have to remove the old fan, and then you’ll replace it with the new one.
- Find the screws holding the old fan.
- Remove the screws by using your Phillips screwdriver.
- Next, you have to carefully and gently disconnect the fan’s power cable from the motherboard.
- Lift the old fan out.
- Bring the new fan to its position.
- Connect the fan’s cable to the motherboard.
- Put the screws in and secure the fan in its required spot.
Add the Thermal Paste
After you replace the fan, add a thin layer of thermal paste to the CPU to help with the heat transfer. Make sure you add only a little thermal paste layer because adding lots of it is not ideal! Learning how to replace a PlayStation 5 fan is a tricky task, but with our guide, you can DIY it easily.
Reassemble Your PlayStation 5
Now that the new fan is in its place, put together the parts of your game console.
- Place the cover of the console in its original position.
- Screw it from all sides.
- Put the shiny side panels back in their places.
- Connect your PlayStation 5 to the electricity and try using it to check out the new fan’s result.
After following these steps, if your fan is not working or is still acting in the same way, there is always space for taking the help of experts. After all, figuring out how to replace a PlayStation 5 fan may seem easy, but it’s a task best left for the experts.
Cool Your Gaming Machine with Vantel.
Whether you are looking for an Xbox console repair or looking for the best video game console repair, we are the best option for you.
Repair your PlayStation 4 Fan, PlayStation 5, or any other gaming machine fixed from Vantel in Vancouver. Allow us to use our professional touch and fix your problems without causing you trouble. Contact us for a trustworthy and safe repair service, and get back to playing games in a minimal time!
Q: Why is my PlayStation 5 fan not working?
A: There can be multiple reasons behind the stopping of your PS5 fan, but one of the major reasons can be the entering of liquid or the collection of dirt and dust.
Q: Can I clean my PS5 by myself?
A: Yes, you can. If you find it comfortable, then open your PlayStation 5 with a screwdriver and clean the dust and other particles by using compressed air.
Replace the fan of your PlayStation 5 and get rid of the noise and overheating issues. Now, your game will stay cool and quiet, allowing you to enjoy playing without worrying. Enjoy gaming.